These are the easiest muffins to make in a flash for breakfasts on the go, or to satisfy a group of house guests! They are also low calorie and fat-free!
- 1 1/3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of Bran Flakes cereal
- 1 1/4 cups of fat-free milk
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 3/4 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
- Spray a twelve cup muffin pan, or line and spray paper muffin cups. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together cereal and milk. Let stand for 2 minutes or until cereal is softened.
- Add egg whites and oil. Beat well.
- Add flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Fold in blueberries. Spoon batter evenly into the muffin tin or cups.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm!