I first tasted this soup at one friend’s house, and when I had it again, at a different friend’s house, I knew this recipe had been passed around for a reason. It is savory with a hint of sweetness… making it perfect for this time of year!
- 3 tablespoons of margarine
- 2 cups of finely chopped onions
- 4 teaspoons of curry powder
- 2 medium butternut squash (seeded, peeled, and chopped)
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 cup of apple juice
- 3 cups of low sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt margarine in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, and sauté until tender. Do not brown.
- Add curry, squash, apples, and stock. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until squash and apples are tender (about 40 minutes).
- Once cooled, purée in blender or food processor.
- Return to pot and add apple juice.
- Season with salt and pepper, and heat through.