Mother Earth gave us these berries for a reason… to bake them into delicious muffins that are perfect for the Fourth of July or any day!
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups of milk
- 2 large or extra-large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup of fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup of diced fresh strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together in a large bowl. Stir to make sure the ingredients are combined.
- In another bowl, combine the milk, eggs, and melted butter. Make a well in the middle of the dry mixture, pour the wet mixture into the well, and stir until just combined. There will be lumps but don’t overmix the batter!
- Add the blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, and sugar and stir gently to combine.
- Using a 2 1/4 inch ice cream scoop, spoon the batter into the muffin cups to fill the liners. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a cake tester, comes out clean and the tops are nicely browned.