This recipe is now a staple in our “Wolman family chicken recipe archives!” It’s definitely “finger-licking good!”
- 1 chicken cut into eighths
- 1/4 cup of low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of ketchup
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 2 teaspoons of minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon of toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
- sliced scallions for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a 9 x 13in baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Trim and discard excess fat from chicken pieces, or remove skin altogether.
- Arrange chicken in a single layer in the prepared dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, garlic, ginger, and sesame oil, if using. Mix well.
- Using a pastry brush coat chicken with half of the marinade; reserve remaining marinade.
- Bake, covered, for 45 minutes.
- Coat chicken with remaining marinade; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes longer, until glazed and golden.
- Transfer to a platter and garnish with scallions.