This is by far Jeff’s most favorite recipe for grilled chicken!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs or 4 boneless skinless breasts
- 1/4 cup of hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon of grated lime rind
- 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger or 1/2 teaspoon of powdered ginger
- 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 8 cloves of garlic, minced
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl. Add chicken and coat well.
- Transfer to zip lock bag. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Position the oiled grill 4-6 inches above the flame. Remove the chicken from the marinade ensuring that it is well coated. Arrange the chicken on the rack.
- Grill chicken breasts, turning 2-3 times until the chicken is no longer pink it the center (15-20 minutes).
- Brush often with the reserved marinade. If using thighs, turn once, brush with marinade (5 minutes per side).