2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine at room temperature for 15 minutes
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 bag best quality chocolate chips
1 good quality semi sweet chocolate bar broken into pieces.
1) Preheat oven to 350° F
2) In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3) In the bowl of a stand mixer, at medium low speed, mix the butter or margarine with the sugar and brown sugar. Raise the speed to medium high and mix until creamy, light and fluffy. Turn the speed down a little. Add the vanilla and eggs. Mix to incorporate.
4) Add half the flour mixture. Mix. Add the remaining flour mixture and mix until just combined. Mix in the chocolate chips.
5) Spray the muffin tins with non stick cooking spray.
6)Fill each muffin tin a quarter of the way with large, ping pong ball size of the cookie dough. Flatten slightly to cover the bottom. Stack 2 chocolate squares in the center. Cover with a second walnut sized ball of cookie dough, flattening it completely to cover the chocolate.
7) Place onto a cookie sheet and bake until tops are golden brown. Do not over-bake or the end result will be doughy not gooey! The baking time will vary from 20-25 minutes depending on the size of your muffin tin and how much dough used to fill it. You are looking for tops to be golden not wet looking.