I cannot tell you how much we enjoyed this healthy take on cole slaw…so much so that Jeff enjoyed it for his packed lunches for days afterward. Easy and refreshing, this one is a winner! It’s also perfect for any time of the year.
- 8 cups of shredded green cabbage (1/2 medium head)
- 1 ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of ground pepper
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples, julienned or shredded
- 3 cups of spinach leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon of minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon of minced fresh tarragon
- Toss cabbage and salt in a colander set over a large bowl. Let the cabbage wilt for 30 minutes.
- Plunge the cabbage into a bowl of cold water. Drain and pat dry.
- Whisk vinegar, maple syrup, mustard and pepper in a large bowl. Add the cabbage, apples, spinach, scallions, parsley and tarragon; toss to coat well.