This is the easiest and most delicious way to prepare roasted cauliflower. It’s aptly named “popcorn” cauliflower because you will pop it into your mouth like popcorn! This recipe has been passed through my community of friends, proving that it is a winner! I have made this so many times, that I have tweaked the measurements and directions to perfection.
- 2 heads of cauliflower cut into medium sized florets, stems removed
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1/4 cups olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450° F
- In a bowl, combine the salt, sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, turmeric and add the oil.
- Pour the sauce into a ziplock bag.
- Add the cauliflower and massage into the florets until all of them are coated.
- Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes for the cauliflower to absorb the spices…the longer the better.
- Then transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and roast for 30-35 minutes tossing halfway through.
- Remove and serve warm.
- These florets can easily be prepared ahead and warmed before serving.
Now this is a fabulous healthy snack. We will be trying this for sure.