This is hands down the best recipe for Guacamole. Ever since our amazing housekeeper, Rina, came into our lives 14 years ago, our family has been devouring this guacamole at every opportunity. We know many people, (our son, included), who are either allergic or have a strong aversion to Cilantro, so you will notice that it is intentionally missing from this recipe. This is truly an easy and delicious crowd pleaser, perfect to serve up at your next gathering, or just to have in the fridge!
- 2 avocados
- juice of 1 1/2 lemons
- 1/4 medium red onion, chopped
- 3 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of lime zest
- salt to taste
- Core and remove the avocados from their shells and add them to a medium-sized bowl. Do not discard the seeds. Add the remainder of the ingredients and mix together until somewhat smooth.
- Store in an airtight container with the avocado seeds until time to serve. The seeds maintain the green color. Enjoy veggies like jicama, carrots, or celery.
- If you opt for tortilla chips, think outside the box and go for some healthier options such as Trader Joe’s Quinoa and Black Bean Infused Tortilla Chips. They are delicious!