Here is another perfect chicken recipe by Kim Kushner from her book, The New Kosher.
- 1 chicken, cut into 8-10 pieces, or 8-10 pieces of your choice, about 3 pounds (1.5 kg) weight (skin on or skinless)
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup of (60 ml) soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of apricot preserves
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
- Place the chicken in a large bowl and sprinkle with the onion powder.
- Add the lime juice, soy sauce and preserves and use your hands to combine well, coating each piece evenly.
- Add the bay leaves and sprinkle the sesame seeds evenly over the top.
- Cover and marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes or in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Remove and discard the bay leaves before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Arrange the chicken in a single layer in a roasting pan and add any marinade.
- Roast uncovered for about 45 minutes. Turn the chicken pieces over and continue to roast until cooked through, about 30 minutes longer. Serve hot or at room temperature.