- 1 chicken cut into eighths
- 2 onions cut into chunks
- 4 cups of butternut squash chunks
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of chili powder
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of dried tarragon or thyme
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of water or chicken or vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a large roasting pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Trim and discard excess fat for the chicken pieces. Arrange the chicken skin side up in the prepared pan. Add onions and the squash, tucking them between chicken pieces.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, paprika, chili powder, garlic, and tarragon or thyme. Drizzle with honey; rub to coat the chicken and vegetables on all sides. Add water to the baking dish.
- Roast uncovered for 1 hour and 20 minutes, until glazed and golden. Baste occasionally. If necessary, drizzle in a little water.