This is hands down the easiest and most delicious vegetable soup I have ever made!
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 cups of mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 stalks of celery, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into half-moons (do not peel)
- 1 tablespoon of kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 6 cups of water or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh basil
- Pierce holes in the spaghetti squash and microwave for about 15 minutes until soft.
- Slice in half, remove the seeds and use a fork to separate squash strands, set aside.
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add onions, mushrooms, and garlic; sauté for 6-8 minutes or until golden.
- Add sweet potatoes, carrots, celery, and zucchini; stir in salt and pepper. Add water or vegetable stock.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer partially covered for 30-35 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add chopped basil. Simmer until heated through; adjust seasonings.
- Ladle soup into bowls and add a portion of spaghetti squash strands.