- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/3 cup of cooking oil
- 3/4 cup of milk (for dairy-free option use soy or almond milk)
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- Measure the first 4 ingredients into a bowl and stir together.
- Add oil and milk. Stir to form a soft ball of dough. Alternatively, you can use an electric mixer with the kneading hook attachment.
- Turn out on a lightly floured surface and knead gently 8-10 times. Roll or pat 3/4 to inch thick. Cut with the top of a small juice glass or a biscuit cutter.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, close together for moist sides or 1 inch apart for crisp sides. Brush tops with milk for nicer browning.
- Bake on 425 degrees for 15 minutes until nicely browned. Yields 12 biscuits.