Just in time for Labor Day or for you to use whenever you want a good beef and veggie dish that you can throw on the BBQ.
- 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of garlic, minced (about 3 medium cloves)
- 2 teaspoons of dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds of beef sirloin tips, cut into 1 1/2-inch cube*
- 1 large box or 15 cremini or white mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
- 1 large red onion, sliced into 1 1/2-inch cube (about 3 onion layers each)
- 1 red, yellow, and orange bell pepper, cut into cubes.
- Whisk together oil, Worcestershire, soy sauce, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, brown sugar, and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Place beef cubes, pepper, and mushrooms in a large resealable plastic bag. Add marinade and seal bag, pressing out as much air as possible.
- Marinate refrigerated for at least 1 and up to 5 hours. Be aware that if you marinate for too long, the beef can become very soft and mushy.
- Thread beef onto skewers, alternating with mushrooms and onions. Grill on a hot BBQ for 1 minute, then reduce heat to medium. Turn the skewers continually for about 8-12 minutes.