For those times when you are craving sweets and salty, or just any old time you feel like a decadent splurge, this is the way to go!
- 1 1/4 sticks of unsalted butter
- 5 1/2 cups of salted mini pretzel twists
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 can (14 ounces) of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/3 cups of lightly salted cocktail peanuts
- 8 ounces of bittersweet chocolate, preferably 61 percent cacao, coarsely chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 x 13-inch baking pan and line with parchment, leaving a 1-inch overhang on long sides. Butter parchment.
- Place 4 1/2 cups of pretzels in a food processor and pulse until texture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in sugar and butter until well combined. Transfer to pan, spreading evenly, and pack down flat with the bottom of a measuring cup.
- Drizzle condensed milk evenly over crust. Sprinkle evenly with peanuts, chocolate, and remaining 1 cup of pretzels, gently pressing them into the milk.
- Bake until chocolate melts and condensed milk starts to bubble and becomes golden (20-25 minutes).
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack, then refrigerate until chocolate is set (about 30 minutes).
- Run a paring knife between bars and a short side of the pan. Using parchment overhangs, transfer to a cutting board. Cut into 20 squares.