Trust me when I tell you that this is the most delicious cobbler you will ever taste. I had my doubts until I took a forkful… and couldn’t stop!
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of vegan margarine such as Earth’s Balance
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of soy, almond, or rice milk
- 1/2 cup of vegan margarine, melted
- 3 ripe bananas, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease an 8-inch square pan.
- To make the streusel topping: In a medium bowl, mix oats, sugar, flour, and margarine until crumbly.
- To make the cobbler: In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt until combined. Stir in non-dairy milk and melted margarine until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour the cobbler batter into the prepared pan and arrange bananas on top. Cover the bananas with the streusel topping and bake until golden brown, about 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean with a few crumbs clinging to it.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.