This is a delicious carrot soup with a robust flavor and the cayenne gives it a little kick!
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cups of sliced leeks, white parts only
- 2 1/2 pounds of carrots (mini carrots simplify the recipe)
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (cayenne pepper is strong, so add according to your taste)
- 8 cups of chicken or veggie stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, leeks, and carrots, cook until the leeks are softened, about ten minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer until the carrots are very tender (about 30-40 minutes).
- Puree in batches and adjust seasonings.