Substituting zucchini for pasta cuts the carbs and calories in this delicious recipe for Cod Arrabbiata.
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- heavy pinch of hot pepper flakes or a dried chili
- 1/2 cup of white wine (I use Pinot Grigio)
- 28 ounce can of Italian plum tomatoes, crushed by hand
- 12 ounces of cod filet
- fresh chopped parsley
- 1 pound of zucchini noodles
- Using a spiralizer, make noodles from 6 medium-large zucchinis. Set aside.
- In a large skillet with high sides, add the oil, garlic, and chili, turn the heat on medium and saute for a couple of minutes, or until the garlic starts to become lightly browned, add the wine and allow it to reduce by half.
- Add the tomatoes along with a small pinch of salt and pepper, place a lid on and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the fish to the sauce, cook on low for about 10 minutes, or until the fish starts to flake easily. Meanwhile, in a large frying pan coated with nonstick spray, sauté the noodles, turning and tossing them constantly until just softened (about 5 minutes).
- Add the noodles to a large pasta bowl, and top with the fish and sauce. Top the dish with the parsley and serve immediately!