Gluten free, low carb, fiber filled pizza... You will thank me for this one!
- PIZZA CRUST: 1 head cauliflower, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- TOPPINGS: 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- vegetables toppings of choice (like peppers, onions, mushrooms, spinach)
- crushed red pepper (optional)
- oregano (optional)
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Place cauliflower florets in food processor and pulse until finely chopped with no chunks.
Transfer chopped cauliflower to bowl, cover with paper towel and microwave for 8 minutes until cooked through. Allow to cool briefly before squeezing out as much water as possible with a cheese cloth or paper towels (really try to get all of it out for a crispy crust).
Mash the cauliflower and let cool for about ten minutes.
Add mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, egg whites, salt and pepper to mashed cauilflower. Mix thoroughly.
Cover large baking sheet with tin foil and coat with oil spray. Pour cauliflower “dough” on tin foil and shape into pizza crust. Place in oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
Add sauce, cheese, vegetable toppings and additional seasonings (like crushed red pepper and oregano). Place under broiler until cheese is hot and bubbly.
Slice and enjoy!
Note: For crispier crust, use a pre-heated pizza stone.