A couple of months ago, Jeff and I attended a birthday party where the menu was diverse and incredibly mouth watering. One of the salads was so delicious, that I was determined to recreate it the next night. It was a blend of shaved brussel sprouts, lettuce and cabbage, shaved parmesan, slivered almonds, sliced apples and dates. I came up with a dressing that I thought would go well with these ingredients, and the result was divine!
I actually found the greens blended and packaged at Trader Joe’s but you could easily add yours separately and then combine with the other ingredients.
- One bag of mixed greens
- 2 cups of shaved brussel sprouts
- 2 cups of shredded white cabbage
- 6 dates thinly sliced or chopped
- 1 apples thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of toasted slivered almonds
- 1 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons of sugar or one packet of Splenda or Monk Fruit
- 1 shallot chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste