As a tribute to my mother, Irene Corne, this Mother’s Day, I am featuring one of her most popular creations, “Pizza Bread.” No matter the occasion, this dish pleases crowds both young and old. I serve it often and to rave reviews. This loaf can be made ahead and frozen before it is baked.
- 1 loaf French Bread
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- ½ jar marinara sauce
- Two packages sliced mozzarella
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place bread on a long piece of tin foil.
- Slice bread on an angle (half to one inch slices) but do not cut through.
- Add garlic powder to butter and mix well. Butter both sides of the bread.
- Generously brush the marinara sauce onto both sides of the bread.
- Fold mozzarella slice into a triangle and insert between the slices.
- Depending on the size of your loaf, you may want to add a second slice.
- Liberally sprinkle Parmesan cheese inside the slices and on top.
- Fold ends of tin foil around the bread leaving the top exposed.
Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes.