Kale is a dark leafy green vegetable, whose nutritional value is exemplary. Kale is very high in antioxidants, beta carotene, vitamin K, vitamin C, and also rich in calcium. It helps lower blood cholesterol levels, and reduces the risk of heart disease, especially when cooked.
Kale has gained in popularity because of it’s health benefits, but also because it is delicious when crisped in the oven or served in a salad.
Kale Chips Recipe:
- One bunch of Kale
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Wash and remove stems of Kale and break into pieces.
- Toss in olive oil, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread on baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 until the Kale is dark and crispy. approximately 10-15 minutes.
*Note: Do not over salt, as the oil will add to the absorption of the salt.
Kale Quinoa Salad
- One bunch Kale (stems removed)
- 1 cup cooked Quinoa
- 1/2 cup dried Cranberries
- 1/2 cup toasted Pine Nuts
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste