The beauty of surrounding myself with friends who are fabulous cooks, is that I get to share their wonderful recipes on my blog. My friend, Sheila, is a fabulous woman who bakes a mean Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookie that is devoured and enjoyed after 2 minutes of serving it!
*Please note that you must refrigerate the dough for at least 2 hours before spooning it onto the cookie sheet.
- 2 sticks of margarine or butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 ½ tsp baking soda
- 16 oz. jar chunky peanut butter
- 6 cups Quaker oatmeal
- 12 oz. bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, blending after each one.
- Add vanilla and baking soda.
- Add peanut butter, oatmeal, and chocolate chips, blending well after each ingredient.
- Refrigerate dough to set for two hours.
- Drop by teaspoonful on parchment or silpat lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on baking rack.