Makes 6 servings
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped sundried tomatoes
- 4 lbs ripe tomatoes coarsely chopped
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in large sauce pan. Add garlic and onion and cook on low heat for about 5 minutes, or until tender and fragrant.
2. Add sundried tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, stock and sugar. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
3. Puree soup in food processor or blender. Return to heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe from More HeartSmart cooking with Bonnie Stern.