Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, La Prairie Anti Aging Hydra Tint with 20 SPF, Guerlain Healthy Glow (Terracotta Skin line) Foundation, Daniel Thompson’s Rendezvous, Givenchy’s Le Prism Quad #76, La Prairie’s Smokey Quartz, La Prairie Light Fantastic Concealer, Guerlain’s Terracotta Bronzing Powder, NARS The Multiple, Laura Mercier’s Radiance Baked Body Bronzer, Caudalie’s Divine Leg, YSL Rouge Volupte Shine #16, YSL Gloss Volupte #3.
As summer nears its end, but the temperatures are still on the rise, there is an inner battle between switching to an autumnal makeup palette or maintaining your summer glow kit. I have always opted for the latter. Here are my favorite items that assist me in carrying over the sun and fun.
Because I am not out in the sun as much in September, I mix my winter foundation with my summer and apply it with a brush. This way I don’t look as if I have just returned from a beach vacation, but I still have that summer glow.
1. First, I apply a makeup primer to my face; I use La Prairie or Smashbox, both are terrific. Next I apply Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion to my eyelid. This primer is bomb. It smooths the eyelid allowing the eyeshadow to adhere beautifully for the entire day and night.
2. I use my La Prairie Anti Aging Hydra Tint with 20 SPF mixed with my Guerlain Healthy Glow (Terracotta Skin line) Foundation. Both are quite sheer (my freckles still show through), but give enough coverage, evening out my skin tone and adding summer glow. I mix the two on the back of my hand and apply with a makeup brush.
3. I apply a golden bronze color all over the eye area, moving my brush back and forth on the crease to create depth. I like to use Daniel Thompson’s Rendezvous or Givenchy’s Le Prism Quad #76. Both achieve a summer glow without looking too made up. Remember to be light handed.
4. I use a thin brush to apply eyeliner to both the upper and lower lid, being generous on the upper and not so on the lower. I like La Prairie’s Smokey Quartz because it is a true chocolate brown. But anything you have in brown, should work perfectly.
5. I clean up the undereye with a light reflecting concealer. La Prairie Light Fantastic Concealer or YSL Touche Eclat are both great.
6. Using a fluffy brush I apply Guerlain’s Terracotta Bronzing Powder to my cheeks and nose and NARS The Multiple stick to my cheekbones.
7. If I want to add a bit of color to my arms and decolatage, I use Laura Mercier’s Radiance Baked Body Bronzer.
8. I love a tanned leg without the sun exposure, so I use Caudalie’s Divine Leg tinted body lotion. It does not rub off on my clothes and the scent is fresh and lovely.
9. I finish with my favorite YSL moisturizing sheer lip color Rouge Volupte Shine #16 and gloss over it with YSL Gloss Volupte #3.